Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Closer......

Kim and I tested Poppi's milk last night. Her calcium is over 200 ppm!! Her PH has dropped, but it has a little bit to go yet.
We are hoping she will go tonight, but we have a mid April snow storm moving in. Apparently, Mother Nature hates Wisconsin! From the research that has been done, mares can delay the delivery for up to 3 days after her milk tests ready. Part of me wants the foal to be born tonight just to get this horrible waiting over with, but the logical part knows tonight would be bad with the colder weather moving in. I don't want to sleep in the cold barn tonight, and I don't want a little wet foal in this weather either.
I checked Medusa over last night too. I think we have a bit of a wait with her yet. She still has quite a bit of muscle tone in her tail and no jello muscles going on in her rear end. Her udder is large and full, but the rest of the signs say she will be about a week.
We should have foal pics to share soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment